- How long have you been teaching (your topic) ?
I’m teaching physics for 15 years.
- How old are your students ?
My students are 13-14 years old.
- Could you please give information about your school/college like localisation, economy, standard of living …
Our school is small. We have 431 student. It’s a public school, established 1787. It’s placed in a village Dubrava, wich have approximately 1500 inhabitants, located in Zagreb County, about 45 km from Zagreb, our Capital city. Dubrava is established 1093., Economy is poor, many inhabitants moved out, there is no big firms, mostly familly based. It’s an agricultural area. Standard of living is low, but it’s beautiful and healty environment to live.
- Why did you choose to teach ?
When I was a little girl, I like to play with my dolls pretending that I’m a teacher. Before choosing what to study, I was thinking between biology and physics and physics won.
- Why have you accepted to come on board the Declaration for the Planet’s Rights?
I’m a mother of 6 years old boy and I want him and his generation to have opportunity to live in healthy environment, becouse it is their heritage.
- How did your students and administration react when you explained the project ?
Everybody was very excited about it. They also think it’s important.
- How are your students aware about climate change ?
They are aware of ecologic problems and climate change. They are sensible on that global problem. They are aware because the informations about it is all around them, in all media and in the school subjects and projects.
- What do you expect regarding the text of the Declaration ?
I expect the Declaration to make change in the head of politicians.
- What would you say about the role of school regarding climate change ?
School role is very important because they partly shape childrens opinion and must rise awareness among population about nature and climate changes. And teachers know how to make children easier to understand the problem and to make them curious to find solutions.
- Do you have any short story about environment and your students ?
Each year we participate in cleaning forests and district area near school, we have projects about Water day and Earth day and Ozone layer day.
- Do you have a mantra ? a favorite song ? favorite author ? food ? hobby ?
I like to listen rock and roll music. In my free time, I like walking in the woods and to
swim in the sea in the summer time.